Arizona for Everyone
This is so much bigger than an election. This is an uprising.
Like you, I’m outraged by what our elected leaders are doing to this state – and to this nation.
I’m the CEO of YWCA Southern Arizona, a 100-year old organization that is a leader in the fight for economic and social justice – and I’m tired of waiting for someone else to fix our problems.
We have an opportunity to create real change in Arizona this year.
Arizona needs a real leader with a vision that is big and bold enough to include everyone.
This campaign is about more than an election. This is a reform movement to bring real change to Arizona. So, my platform and policy proposals aren’t based on whatever is politically expedient or what my handlers tell me I should think/say/believe. I don’t have handlers. I have a moral compass. I am committed to human rights. I believe PEOPLE should come first. And I’ve spent my whole career fighting for these values. I’m not going to change direction if the political winds shift. This is who I am, who I have always been, and who I will always be. As your governor, I will lead our state in:
- Drafting and funding a 15 county economic development plan.
- Reforming the tax code to spur economic growth, narrow the wealth gap and fully fund public school education.
- Implementing universal health care in Arizona.
- Forming an Environmental Justice League to create a more sustainable future for our state.
- Making sure the local public school is the best school for every child in every neighborhood.
- Defending and expanding voter rights and civic engagement.
- Making our criminal justice system a model in the nation for human rights.
- Creating a Truth & Reconciliation Commission to acknowledge and end the racism that is embedded in the structures, laws and policies of our state.
- Protecting our kids and all of us with sensible gun safety laws.
We do not have to settle for anything less than a state – and a nation – that works for everyone. Everyone. Let’s do this.
Raise your voice, vote your values, stand up for your neighbors. Help make Arizona a state that works for everyone.
Meet Kelly: Educator, Former Minister, CEO – and Democratic Candidate for Governor
I’ve spent 25-years leading nonprofit organizations, congregations, and for-profit small businesses. I’ve worked with and beside people in this community, trying to make life better for everyone. I know the challenges we face in this state first-hand.
A lifetime of service as a CEO, teacher, mother, minister, and entrepreneur has gotten me ready for my next job: Governor of Arizona.